Sunday, January 27, 2008

Barrett Has an Idea

One of Barrett's new things is telling me he, "has an idea." Usually, the idea is that I give him candy, play in the playroom, or we watch Diego, but yesterday, he was really thinking.

The weather here has been horrible lately, and yesterday the sun appeared for the first time in a week. We had to go to Walmart (which I dreaded doing on a Saturday with both boys), so as we were driving, Barrett and I were talking about it finally being sunny.

When we got to Walmart, I had to drive around a while because there was NO parking. Apparently everyone else needed stuff too.

As I drove around, Barrett asked me, "Mommy, why aren't you parking?"

I explained to him that there were no spots, so he started looking too.

I heard him in the back commenting on there being lots of cars when he got all excited and said, "Mommy, I have an idea!"

I asked him what is was, and here is his plan...

"We can ask Jesus to make it rain because nobody shops when it is raining."

I love that his first thought is to turn to Jesus.

I don't know that Jesus would make it rain so I could park, but I am pretty sure He heard Barrett.

As I headed down yet another aisle, I woman waved at us and then pointed to her car in the very front row.

While I was getting Barrett out of the car, he said, "Hey, we don't need the rain now."

As we walked in, I couldn't help but wonder if he was telling me we didn't need rain or if he was telling Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

because right now my 7300 is on my desk and im on my integrated display and i have this jittery-ness that i cant get rid of. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bayswater Bags[/url] Have you noticed how often people are envious of other people's gifts or accomplishments and yet seem unable to motivate themselves to become similarly gifted or accomplished? They have all sorts of explanations to say why they can't do something including " Not intelligent enough.", Not enough time .", "Not enough money .", "Not as lucky ." " Not confident enough ." and so on. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose online[/url] Aphywwmii
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora jewellery[/url] Twdglsltl [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose canada[/url] vyfewoitt