Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Eye Wear

The boys seem to be obsessed lately with glasses.

Fisher has broken TWO pairs of my glasses. He broke my good ones, and then while I was wearing my old ones as the others were being fixed, he broke those too.

A friend of mine told me to not put them where he could reach them. Unfortunately, they were on my face both times he got them. I have yet to find a way to keep him completely away from my face. Now, I just wear contacts from before he gets up until after he goes asleep. So far, my glasses have survived.

Barrett always "needs" his sunglasses in the car, and he freaks out if he can't find them. Typically, he doesn't need them for more than a few minutes. He now thinks his glasses need to be in the holder that is in the car where I used to put my sunglasses...

When I was on a weekend get-away a few weeks ago with the high school girls, I found some really cute, cheap kids sunglasses that were supposed to be for Barrett.

Fisher claimed them before Barrett had a chance.




He loved their special feature.


Two minutes after these pictures were taken, the glasses were broken.

This past weekend, I went on the leadership retreat for my MOPS group. It was wonderful, relaxing, and productive which I was not expecting! (Hoping for, yes, but not expecting.)

When I came home, I was exhausted from all the fun, but Barrett was worried about me getting him some "gaggles". He talked about them for a good 30 minutes. I told him we would discuss it in the morning.
Tuesday morning, I was given the full report.
Apparently, Barrett HAS to have goggles for our trip to Florida. Barrett's explanation went like this:
"Daddy said I need gaggles. I need gaggles to swim in the pool and the ocean. Daddy took me to Target, but they didn't have any that fit me. After Target, we ran (ran??) to HEB. HEB had gaggles, but they didn't fit either. Daddy kept trying them on me, but they hurt my nose. Then Daddy took me to Walmart, but they didn't have any gaggles at all. Now Daddy says you have to buy me gaggles that don't cover my nose for our bay-k-shen."
Daddy's version of the story:
"Barrett was swimming in the backyard, and Sydney came over with her goggles. She told Barrett he needs a pair. I told him to ask you."
I didn't really think Doug went power shopping for goggles.
Barrett has got quite the imagination!

4 comments:

Christina Conklin said...

I LOVE your blog, and your way with words absolutely cracks me up!

Nicole Friedel said...

I love it! Fisher and Barrett are quite a pair of entertainers! :) They remind me of their momma in their respect, though the entertainment is a little different. Take care, and maybe we can get together soon. Nicole

Laura Neal said...

Good luck finding goggles that small. You can always try Academy. I will be headed that way for a new mask, fins, and snorkel. The cat ate my fins. Dang cat!

Kris said...

I am cracking up he does have a great imagination! Go Barrett and Fisher looks so cute in his glasses! Good thing you got the picture when you did!