Sunday, February 03, 2008

PJ Day


Last Friday, Barrett had a dilemma.

Ms. Leslie his teacher on Tuesdays and Thursdays had told him that he needed to wear his jammies to school on Friday. He was so excited about wearing jammies to school, and he told EVERYONE about it.

On Friday morning, we got him dressed in the jammies (and slippers) he chose.





As we were driving to school, I asked if he was excited to see Ms. Jeanette and Ms.Sheri, his Friday teachers.

He immediately started screaming, "No!"

After I calmed him down, I asked him why he didn't want to go to school. He explained that he wanted to go to Ms. Leslie's class in his jammies.

I spent the majority of drive convincing him that PJ day was only in Ms. Sheri's class, so if he wanted to go to Ms. Leslie's we'd have to go home and change.

As I again said, "If you want to go to Ms. Leslie's, we'll have to take off your cute jammies and get new clothes at home."

His response was not what I expected.

In his most "junior high attitude" voice, he said, "Well then , U- turn!"

So much for the reverse psychology crap.

Luckily, once we got to school and he saw his friends in jammies, he was ready to play.

Here he is with his two favorite girls.



He talks about these two all the time. It is so sweet that he has little best friends at school.

Even Fisher had fun in Barrett's class while I took pictures of the kids!

3 comments:

Chastity said...

I love his jammies! I also love that it says "I Heart Chicks" and he has a girl on either side of him...that'll make a cute scrapbook page!!

Laura Neal said...

Oh how sweet! I love the second picture of him being shy! Those are so precious.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I love the going to school in pj's. So much for psychology. Every generation gets smarter and does things faster.