Friday, April 14, 2006

Bath Time with Daddy!



We have a nighttime routine. I give Barrett his bath, then Doug dries him and put him in his jammies. It is pretty much the same every night, except last night.

Last night, I had to bake cookies for the church Easter egg hunt, so I told Doug to give Barrett his bath. I was actually surprised when he just said, "Ok." He didn't ask me any questions, and I had to bite my tongue not to tell him how to do it "right". After about 20 minutes, Doug was yelling at me to come to the bathroom.

As I ran, I had these flashing thoughts of Barrett drowning or being scalded with water that was too hot.

Doug just wanted me to see Barrett splashing. Doug was so excited about it that I didn't have the heart to tell him Barrett does that every night. So, instead, I ran and got the video camera and the still camera. Doug was laughing and encouraging Barrett to splash more. I think he was really proud that he saw what he thought was a first. Since he doesn't read my blog, we'll just keep this between me and everyone on the internet! :)

Here are a few of the pictures I took.



If you look at Barrett's hand in this one, you can see that he was slapping the water.



After bathtime was over, I took Barrett and got him dressed while Doug went to dry off from all the splashing. I know Barrett loves bathtime, but I think Daddy liked it even more than Barrett last night.

1 comment:

QueenBee said...

i think Doug should do bathtime every other night so that he doesn't miss out on all the fun!