Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Reason to Eat Brownies!

I received the following email this morning, and I feel like it is something I should share. It is from the the mom, Carol Barrett, of Barrett's namesake family. Whether you knew James Barrett or not, this would be a great tradition for any family.

Hi!!

My sister-in-law Stormy had an idea to help the kids and I remember James on his birthday which is this Friday. She intended it for our family but I loved the idea so much that I wanted to share it.

Friday April 7th has been deemed an official holiday in honor of James Barrett called Blessings and Brownies Day.

We simply ask that you use the entire day to count your blessings. (No negative thoughts please!!) Additionally, said List of Blessings shall begin each year with an appreciation of one James Morris Barrett, who taught us to recognize our blessings every day. Then eat a brownie in his honor. Brownies were always James' favorite.

A side note. I never could bake brownies that were cooked all the way through. It didn't matter how hard I tried, they were never the "Martha Stewart" worthy. James was always so kind about the whole thing, he never complained and never once made me feel bad about it. Instead he made the best of the situation. He scooped out the middle and put it on his ice cream. He would grin and tell me, "I love the gooey middle on my ice cream! They are perfect!!" However, I did notice when Jackie was old enough he would ask her to make the brownies instead of me.

Thanks!!!

Love, Carol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-)