Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ouch!

Barrett took his first spill of the changing table Friday morning. The worst part of the whole experience was that it happened when he was with me and not his daddy. Doug walks to the closet with Barrett on the table all the time, and I gripe that one day Barrett will fall off and get hurt. Doug always ignores me with the typical, "ok, ok, ok..."

Now... How do I say, "I told you so," when it was my fault?

I was standing right there, and I did catch him before he hit the ground. Unfortunately, I didn't catch him before he smacked his head a drawer knob.

He screamed and cried, and so did I. He actually recovered quicker than I did. (The animal cookies worked again!)

After the swelling went down, he was left with two dark red marks on his forehead that later turned to nasty bruises. After I calmed down, we left the house to run errands.

While we were out, a woman commented how cute he was, and she said that I must just kiss on him all the time. I agreed and continued shopping. A few aisles later, another woman commented how cute he was, and said something about kissing him too. To be honest, it was getting kind of weird.

When we checked out, the high school girl laughed and commented that he had lipstick on his head. It was then that I noticed how his two dark red bruises looked more like kiss marks than bruises.




(I took this picture much later in the day, so the redness had worn off a lot!)

Now those two other ladies didn't seem so weird. It all worked out for the best. Barrett was ok, and two strange women thought I loved on his too much instead of banging his head into drawers.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Awwww, I would have cried too. Dads have such luck!