Monday, March 19, 2007

All Alone

Today is my first official day completely alone with both kids. They are currently both napping so I guess you could say I am surviving.

Last night, I was on Fisher duty. I went to bed around 9, and Doug put him to bed when he ate and fell asleep at 10:30.

At 12:30, he was awake and apparently starving to death. I changed him, he ate, and he fell asleep UNTIL I put him in bed. Then, he was wide awake. It took until 1:45 to get him back to sleep.

I don't fall asleep easily (especially when Doug is snoring), so the last time I looked at the clock it was 2:20.

3:15... Fisher is again awake and screaming for a bottle. I run to get him before he wakes Barrett up.

It took me until almost 5:30 to get him to go back down without screaming.

6:15... I hear screaming again. Oddly, Fisher has learned to say Momma and Dada was the first thought that ran through my mind after the "Oh Sh&*" I have to get up again. It was then that it dawned on me that Barrett was up.

I made Doug go get him, and I unsuccessfully tried to get Barrett to snuggle me in bed and go back to sleep. He just kept saying, "up".

A few minutes later, Fisher was up too. Doug went to feed him because I told him there was NO WAY I was getting out of bed yet.

By 6:45 I was in the living room feeding Fisher with my right arm, Barrett sitting on my left leg drinking his bottle, and watching Barney.

Happy Monday to me!

By 9:30, I was ready to get out of the house. I got everyone dressed and we headed out to run a few errands.

We went first to the bank to make a deposit because I couldn't do any of my other errands without putting money in the bank.

The bank closest to my house was having drive up ATM issues, so I illegally parked in the handicap spot sidesways so I could sprint to the walk up ATM that I actually turned in to a drive up one. Unfortunately, there were no deposit envelopes.

I didn't want to unload everyone, so I decided to drive to another branch of my bank.

Twenty minutes later, I'm there.

I make my deposit, get a little cash for the dry cleaners and stuff, grab my receipt, and reach to the card hole to get my card.

The machine kept making a weird noise, and my card was not appearing.

I hung myself out the window to get a better look. I could see my card, but it wasn't making it all the way out.

I tried to pinch it with two other credit cards, but it wouldn't come out.

Then, the machine ate it.

The screen went back to the welcome crap, and my card was gone.

I called the bank from my car. (Lazy, I know, but I have 2 kids now.)

They ended up saying I should just report it lost because it's quicker than waiting on them to get it out, send it to some eaten card headquarters, and then getting it mailed back to me. Stupid bank people!

I left the bank to finish errands because I was getting too close to bottle time and I wanted to get everything done.

We went to the cleaners that only takes cash. They took 23 of my 50 dollars.

Next we needed to go to Walmart. We were loading up what little space is in the cart once Barrett is in the seat and Fisher is in the cart, when I came to a realization...

I only had 27 dollars. Oops.

I picked the essentials, and put the other things back. (Ok, so I stuck it all on one shelf.)

I checked out and only spent 23 dollars, so I treated Barrett to a happy meal at the McDonalds in Walmart.

We ran into a friend who has two young boys also and because they were eating, Barrett actually ate most of his fries and two of his four nuggets. Normally, I would be thrilled, but because of my lack of cash, I was planning on eating most of his since he NEVER eats.

I guess it's a good diet plan.

We made it home with 15 minutes to spare until nap time.

I was feeling somewhat successful about our outing excluding the whole ATM fiasco when Barrett informed me he had poop in his pants.

I changed his diaper with the one diaper that was in the diaper bag and went to reload his diaper stacker and diaper bag with more diapers from the HUGE economy box in his closet.

The huge box is great because I rarely have to buy diapers, but I guess I should check it from time to time because I might not be the person that takes the last ones out.

Yep, we have NO diapers for Barrett.

Since Fisher's size ones probably won't work, I am headed back to Walmart after naps.

I better run. I need to find enough money to at least get a few diapers. Walmart takes change, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brigitte, Oh my. What a day!! Dumb bank. If you could survive Friday and today you are doing really well. I am so proud of you and it is too much fun to read your blog.

Lots of love, Mom