Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Poop

With a title like Poop, this post could go so many different directions...

Luckily for me, this is a good poop story.

I am pretty confident that most moms of a nineteen month old don't have many fun poop stories, so that makes this that much more fun to share.

Today we went to the zoo (more on that later), and when we got home Barrett was exhausted. He went straight to bed and took a nice, fairly long nap.

When he got up, we changed his diaper like usual and headed into the living room to watch a little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

We had watched about half of the Goofy's Petting Zoo episode that we have seen a gazillion times, when he looked at me and said, "poop."

This isn't unusual, so I said, "You have poop?"

"No," was his reply.

I just figured he was talking randomly until he got off the couch and again said, "Poop."

I asked if he was going to poop, and he did his "come on" thing he does with his arm.

I got up and followed him. He went staight to his bathroom.

He stood in front of the potty like Daddy does, and was pulling his pants down.

He again said, "poop."

So, I took off his diaper and put him on the potty.

He made his unmistakable poop face, and to my amazement, I heard a plop.

Yes, be jealous, my kid pooped in the potty with absolutely no prompting from me. I actually almost hindered him!

He even wanted to go again tonight, so Daddy ran him into the bathroom. He sat on the potty trying to go, but he couldn't. Doug said he could see his little tummy muscles trying to go. So, Doug asked if he was done, and Barrett said, "done."

Being the great Daddy he is, Doug clapped for him and still let him flush.

I know this can't be this simple, and I know we are way away from being potty trained, but it is still fun to say my little guy pooped in the potty!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just suck.

Anonymous said...

Must come from the Schmidt side. Jury is still out until we see how good his aim is-given the reputation of the Schmidt side :-)

One small step for mankind- one giant step for motherhood

Love

Dad

Chastity said...

A boy starting to self-potty train at 19 months..now that's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not including pictures in the topic on "poop." But the other pics are great, keep 'em coming.

Anonymous said...

Brigitte, I love the poop story. Gretchen said he did it again. Whoa, you will have bragging rites. i love all the pictures of Fisher. He still has lots of hair. Gosh I miss him!!!
Love, GiGi

Karen said...

That's awesome. Sounds like you guys are really doing well. Yay for Barrett for pooping and yay for Fisher for sleeping!