Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Throwing in His Two Cents

Since Barrett's has mastered talking, he now likes to yap every moment that he's not asleep.

Here are a few examples of things he says:

We were driving through McDonald's to get the apples that he had to have. I pulled up to the window and the boy working reached his hand out and said, "$1.07." As I handed him the money, Barrett loudly and clearly said, "That man did not say hello, that is not nice. He is not a nice man."

We were stopped at a stop light, and Barrett noticed a bird sitting on a sign right next to us. His conversation with the bird went like this, "Hi birdie. Are you happy birdie? Do you fly? Please don't poop on Mommy's windows. That's yucky. Oh-no, you fly away."

I was getting ready to take Barrett to school yesterday,and since I wasn't feeling well at all, I didn't mess with fixing my hair. I just threw on a baseball hat. When I walked out of my room to take him to school, Barrett said, "Mommy, are you sick?" I told him I was fine. He corrected me and said, "No Mommy, you don't feel good." I again tried to lie to him and say I felt fine, but he said, "Mommy, you are wearing a hat, so you are sick." He's an observant little guy.

And my recent favorite...

Doug was asking Barrett what he was going to say on Halloween, and Barrett replied, "Trick or treat, give me something to eat, CANDY!"

Doug and I started laughing, and asked him who taught him that because we'd only worked on the trick or treat part. He tried to change the subject and ignore our questions, but after a while he realized we weren't giving up. Since he apparently didn't want to tell on Nana and Paw, he smiled an evil grin and said the person that taught him that was, "Santa Claus."

It's almost like he knew we couldn't get in touch with Santa. :)

No comments: