Saturday, May 05, 2007

How Embarrassing!

Thanks to my sister, every month I receive Parents magazine.

I always like going to the mailbox and finding it. There are a lot of things in the magazine that make it great for parents to read, but my favorite part is the "how embarrassing" stories.

Sometimes the stories completely crack me up, while others make me thankful that the story is not mine to tell.

The little blurb at the bottom of the page says, "Tell us about your less-than-perfect parenting moments. We pay $50 for published items."

Consider me $50 richer...

The other day I was standing talking to a friend while holding Barrett. There were people all around, and as usual, Barrett was happily people watching. As I was talking, Barrett interrupted to say, "Boobies,"as he pointed at a lady behind me.

As I turned to apologize, I realized that she was wearing a VERY revealing top.

As if this weren't bad enough, Barrett reached his hand out to her chest and said, "Barrett touch boobies."

Yes, you read that correctly.

There really is no way to respond to this, so I gave her the "kids say the craziest things" look and shrugged my shoulders.

She seemed to be a little offended, but I think that is the response she wanted from a man. I guess she was just hoping for an older one.

Like I said, the 50 bucks is mine if I bother to submit this. Maybe I'll help the community with it and buy her a bra.

No comments: