Friday, May 11, 2007

Life Has Changed

I went to the store today, and I am so excited because I actually bought the "good stuff" for a change.

"Good stuff" used to mean that I didn't buy Natural Light or Pearl. (For those of you not from Texas, Pearl beer is VERY cheap!)

That's not what the good stuff is anymore.

Today, I bought something I never splurge on because it is so expensive.

I can't figure out why it costs so much more than it's competitors, but it does.

I also can't figure out why it is better than the others, but it is.

Why other brands can't steal the secrets of this product will always be a mystery to me.

Today, I bought Tide.

I LOVE Tide. It smells better than the rest and the smell stays on the clothes, towels, sheets, and whatever else you wash!

I am actually getting laundry done today at a ridiculous pace.

Normally, I let it sit in the washer, but not today. Today, I can't wait for the beep telling me to change the loads.

Wow, how life has changed.

On that same topic, this morning when I went to Walmart, my neighbor asked me to buy her something she saw on the Tyra show. (Don't make fun of her, she has a newborn so she watches everything right now.)

As I looked for her item that apparently everyone in the free world saw on Tyra, I realized I had to ask for it.

I know I've grown up because I wasn't embarrassed to ask the male restocker, who was about 18, to help me find the Cellulite removing patches by Nivea.

I didn't even say they were for a friend mainly because he never would have believed me anyway.

I just heard the dryer's beep, I guess the towels are dry! Now, I can take my shower and dry off with a Tide towel.

(P.S. For those of you curious, I'll let you know if my neighbor's cellulite disappears because if those patches work, I'll be wearing them all over my thighs!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. Last week when I was in Wal-Mart buying lotion with self-tanning cream in it, a lady in the same aisle was asking the clerk if they had some cellulite patches she saw on Tyra. The clerk said they didn't have it yet. I didn't realize Tyra was so popular...

Anonymous said...

Help!!! Now I know what I want for Mother's Day (and it isn't Tide). Hint, Hint.

Chastity said...

I never buy Tide. I'm too cheap.