Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Little Like Mommy?

Yesterday morning, I left Barrett on his playmat to play while I took a quick shower. When I got out of the shower, I heard him complaining. I wouldn't call it screaming, but it was definitely more than talking to himself. I ran into the living room to see what was going on, and I was startled that Barrett was not on his mat. It was then that I noticed that he had squirmed his way under the coffee table. He wasn't upset about being under the table, he was upset because the ball he wanted was still out of reach. I pulled him from under the table and took him and the ball to my bathroom while I finished getting ready.

Later in the day, he was playing on the floor with the doggie that Papa gave him for Valentine's Day. I turned on Baby Einstein to keep him extra entertained while I was cleaning in the kitchen. Barrett is usually pretty talkative while he plays (if you can call what he does talking), so I became concerned when he got really quiet.

When I went into the living room, I couldn't stop laughing. I joke that he's just like Doug because he's always moving, but finally he had a mommy moment. I ran to get the camera and luckily I was quick enough. Here is how my son was "playing" with his new doggie toy...






He was so proud of himself!


I guess I need to watch him more carefully now because he is becoming more and more mobile. I'm pretty sure life is about to take a drastic turn...

No comments: